Setup for Windows Vista and 7
Use this information to configure your Windows XP computer to dial up to NetPoint.
Before you start:
- Make sure you have an operational modem, 28,000 bps or faster, installed in your computer.
STEP 1: Accessing Dial-up Connections
- Click on the [Start] button
- Click on [Settings]
- Click on [Control Panel]
- Click on [Network and Sharing Center]
- Choose [Connect to a Network] from the menu
- Click on [Setup a Connection or Network]
- Select option:[Setup a dialup Connection ]
- Click on [Next]
Enter the Dial-up phone number: 655-1955
Enter your account information in the Username and Password field.
Click your optional preferences for the next two boxes. Show characters will display your password in plain text. Remember password will save your password and automatically insert it each time the dialer is activated.
Enter Netpoint or Starpoint in the Connection Name field. Optionally, choose to allow other people (accounts on your computer) to use this connection.
Click [Connect] to test the configuration. Once it is successful, choose to the save connection settings.
To use this connection click [Start] --> [Settings] --> [Network Connections] to launch the dial up session. (Hint: drag the menu icon to the desktop for a short-cut.)©Starpoint Communications, Inc rights reserved.